Advanced Meter Reading and Daily Metering
National Grid’s Advanced Meter Reading (AMR) and Daily Metering (DM Class 1 and 2) devices are designed to make the management of gas consumption as easy and hassle free as possible. Our devices can be retrofitted to existing metering equipment or specified with new installations and allows cost effective remote monitoring of metered gas consumption.
Robust hardware is essential to haste free operation. Our AMR and DM devices have been extensively tested for durability, signal reliability and data quality. The same devices are also used by the gas networks to monitor flow and pressure across the UK network with >99% delivery and accuracy.
- Self-contained unit, with replicable battery
- Various configurations for data frequency available
- Flexible installations to suit all sites and meters
- Complements existing building management systems
- True national coverage with non-network specific roaming SIM cards*
* Signal boosters and aerials can be used in exceptionally remote locations. Options for telephone hardwiring devices are also available.
Delivery of accurate data means that costs can be effectively controlled and that customer involves can be produced accurately and validated. This eliminates the need for estimated reads and budget accruals.
- Access to our AMR portal offers the ability to view meter reads and consumption data in either graphical or tabular format and in addition the ability to download this information in user specific reports.
- Read data can be sent daily (broken down into half hourly consumption windows)
- Multiple service levels offer consumption data in various other configurations to suite your needs.
- Data can be delivered by the industry ‘Information Exchange’ or via automated email file formats.
- All reads are validated prior to dispatch
- DM device data is issued directly to Xoserve for settlement purposes
Our Support for Your Business
While our hardware and processes are designed to deliver seamless data, we appreciate the need to have support on hand should queries arise.
- Dedicated AMR resource available to support with queries, installations and maintenance
- Regular account reviews to review read performance, installation roll out plans, query handling etc.
- Optional yearly maintenance visits
On Site Customer Experience
The experience on site is as important as the quality of the data and hardware. With this in mind, we offer tailored approaches to consumer sites:
- Customer Service trained installation technicians
- Branded letters of authority with collaborative contact plans
- Basic contact name/number validation
- Bespoke call scripts for installation and maintenance job booking
- Specific appointment windows and flexible site visits available
- Project management of large installation programs including regular catch up sessions
- Options to dispatch your own marketing materials and printed communications to sites at during installation/maintenance visits.
Meter Pulse Utilisation (MPU)
As an AMR Service Provider Code of Practice (ASPCoP) member, National Grid Metering will administer the process for the connection of any AMR device to a 3rd party metering asset, ensuring compliance to ASPCoP standards / IGEM GM7 standards. Additionally, we provide this service in return to those wishing to connect their devices to National Grid owned meters.
Safety Health & Environment
We pride ourselves on being safe and never stop striving to be WORLD CLASS in this area; our main priority is keeping people safe, whether that’s our own people, our contractors or members of the public. Therefore, managing work safely and in an environmentally responsible way is central to everything we do.
We continue to foster the belief across our business that all accidents can be avoided and actively encourage our employees to make a more positive impact on their wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around them. We aim to protect and enhance the environment, always seeking new and innovative ways to lighten the environmental impact of our past, present and future activities.