National Grid Metering offers a wide variety of meters for settlement and billing purposes. Ranging from meters for use in small and medium enterprises through larger installation suitable for Industrial & Commercial usage.
All our gas installations are designed individually using customer requirements, some of these include:
- Load requirements – the amount of gas the installation needs to provide to the site
- Location – this could be internal or external in a compound or custom housing
- Space availability – some locations available are small which can affect the design
A variety of different gas meter options with specific characteristics covering all pressure tiers in the UK:
- Diaphragm – designed for smaller loads, very reliable
- Rotary – handles varying loads, very popular for small and mid-size businesses
- Turbine – designed for higher load requirements and for supplies which are on 24/7
- Ultrasonic – very accurate metering and compact design
Accuracy (OFMAT testing)
All our meters are tested in our testing facility in Loughborough before we put assets into our procurement lines, we ensure:
- The asset is accurate and functions safely
- The condition is suitable for use ensuring no unseen damage
- Current industry guidelines are met in regards to range of operation (tolerance)
We also provide testing on a customer’s request if they have issues with their asset and current pressures being provided.
We have varying amounts of maintenance which covers all ranges of our installations and asset types, these ensure:
- All asset types are functioning as expected for the customer and consumer and reduce risk of failure
- There are no conditional concerns due to age over time
- The original specifications provided by the customer are maintained
We have an ongoing internal review process which allows us to reduce or increase frequency of the maintenance activities to ensure that the consumers supply is maintained.
We have numerous people within our business that can help on varying types of issues, some of these are briefly explained below:
- Technical Engineers – Ex-field force who have years of experience in design, fault management and maintenance
- Contract Managers – People who work with our customers to ensure they have the best products available
- Engineering Managers – they ensure we focus on present and future innovation and customer needs
- Back Office Teams – Numerous people there to help, no matter what the query or concern
Safety Health & Environment
We pride ourselves on being safe and never stop striving to be WORLD CLASS in this area; our main priority is keeping people safe, whether that’s our own people, our contractors or members of the public. Therefore, managing work safely and in an environmentally responsible way is central to everything we do.
We continue to foster the belief across our business that all accidents can be avoided and actively encourage our employees to make a more positive impact on their wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around them. We aim to protect and enhance the environment, always seeking new and innovative ways to lighten the environmental impact of our past, present and future activities.